Porridge, Oats and Protein Balls
Vitimum Original protein powder is dairy free, gluten free and breastfeeding friendly.
Don't forget to share your recipes by tagging us on social media @viti_mum
Sleepless Overnight Oats
What’s different about the overnight Oats.. you don’t need to wait overnight to eat them! Perfect for those who are too tired to prep for breakfast at night and too hungry to wait to eat in the morning!
- Mix all ingredients together, and then add your favourite toppings. If you prefer things less sweet, opt out of the honey and/or vanilla essence.
Apple Crumble Protein Porridge
- Heat butter/coconut oil in a medium-sized pot on medium heat. Add apples, raisins/sultanas and cinnamon and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes until apples and raisins are just starting to soften. Add honey/maple syrup and toss with apples and raisins to coat.
- Add rolled oats, water and and bring to a gentle boil, for about 2 mins. Add 1 scoop of Vitimum Original, and mix in well. Add more water/ milk if mixture gets too thick.
To serve, pour into bowl, top with crunchy granola and blueberries.
Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
When the weather starts to get cold, it's always nice to eat something warm for breakfast, and this apple and cinnamon porridge hits just the right spot! Adding half of scoop of Vitimum gives it that extra protein boost to fill and fuel you.
1/2 Apple (diced)
1 handful of sultanas
1/2 scoop of Vitimum Original
1/2 cup of rolled oats
100mls of your favourite milk (we used oat)
Pinch of Cinnamon
- Simmer the apples and sultanas in hot water for 2-3 minutes or until the apples are soft. Then add the 1/2 cup of oats, mix well. Once oats are added and mixed in well, add approx 100mls of coconut milk. Simmer the oats for a further minute and then add the 1/2 scoop (1 tablespoon) of Vitimum Original.
- Mix well, transfer to a bowl, top with cinnamon and enjoy while warm - that's the tricky part Mama!
Banana & Honey Porridge
5 Ingredients1 Cup of Rolled Porridge Oats
- In a small pan, add 1 cup of rolled oats and half of the milk. Leave to simmer for 1 minute on moderate heat. Add the 1/2 banana and stir well.
- After the oats have been simmering for 1-2 minutes, add 1 scoop of Vitimum Original and the remaining milk. Stir well and transfer to a bowl.
- Top with a dash of honey (optional) and enjoy!
Who said you shouldn't eat chocolate for breakfast? Don't let the name confuse you, this chocolate porridge is actually good for you, rich in all the Vitimum goodness and will keep you fuelled for your busy day!
4 Ingredients1 Cup of Rolled Porridge Oats
- In a small pan, add 1 cup of rolled oats and 200mls of the milk. Leave to simmer for 1-2 minute on moderate heat. Add the Chocolate powder and stir well.
- After the oats have been simmering for 1-2 minutes, add 1 scoop of Vitimum Original and the remaining milk (75mls). Stir well and transfer to a bowl.
- Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
Pumpkin Spiced Porridge
Yes, it's that time of year, where pumpkin is everywhere! So, we have made a delicious Vitimum porridge recipe for you.
1 cup of Porridge Oats
1 scoop of Vitimum Original
2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Puree
275mls of your favourite Milk
Pinch of All Spice, Cinnamon & Nutmeg
Dash of Maple Syrup, Pecans or Walnuts (optional)
- In a small pan, add 1 cup of rolled oats and 200mls of the milk. Leave to simmer for 1-2 minute on moderate heat. Add the All Spice, Cinnamon & Nutmeg.
- After the oats have been simmering for 1-2 minutes, add 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Puree. Mix well. Then add 1 scoop of Vitimum Original and the remaining milk (75mls). Stir well and transfer to a bowl.
- Add a dash of Maple syrup (optional) and top with pecans and/or walnuts to add a tasty crunch.
Date & Coconut Balls
These Date and Coconut balls will add a little tropical delight to your day. Best kept in the freezer, and can be enjoyed anytime of day. Fun fact - Dates are a great pre-labour snack, as they help dilate the cervix, so perfect for any expecting mummy!
Oat Protein Balls
Perfect afternoon pick me up for a sensitive tummy, or a busy mummy! Fun fact, for breastfeeding Mummas - Oats are a galactagoue, so can help increase milk supply.
1 cup of Oats
5 Ingredients2 handfuls of cashew nuts (100 grams)
Shredded coconut, for dipping.
Makes: approx 20 balls.
MethodMix all items together in your food processor/blender. Roll into small balls, and dip into shredded coconut.
Hazelnut & Almond
Perfect little feel good guilt free version of a truffle. Enjoy with tea, coffee, or to settle a sweet craving!
6 Ingredients1 Scoop of Vitimum Original
Cinnamon Protein Balls
These tasty cinnamon protein balls are super easy to make, dairy free, gluten free and high in protein. Perfect afternoon snack or pick me up!
1/2 cup of Rolled Oats
1 scoop of Vitimum Original
2 tablespoons of Almond meal
1 tablespoon of Cinnamon
2 tablespoons of Almond butter
1 tablespoon of Maple syrup
70mls of Water
Mix all items except the water in a food processor or strong blender. Once mixed well, add the 70mls of water.
Roll into bit sized balls. Makes approx 15-18 balls. Store in the freezer and consume within 2 weeks.