Porridge, Oats and Protein Balls
Sleepless Overnight Oats
What’s different about the overnight Oats.. you don’t need to wait overnight to eat them! Perfect for those who are too tired to prep for breakfast at night and too hungry to wait to eat in the morning!
- 2/3 of a cup of dairy free milk
- Rolled oats 2 scoops (using Vitimum scoop)
- 1 scoop of Vitimum
- 1 teaspoon of peanut/almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of honey/maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence (optional)
- Shredded coconut or almond flakes (optional)
- 1/2 sliced banana (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together, and then add your favourite toppings. If you prefer things less sweet, opt out of the honey and/or vanilla essence.
Apple Crumble Protein Porridge
- butter or coconut oil, 1 tablespoon
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- raisins, 2-3 tablespoons
- honey or maple syrup (optional) 2 tablespoons
- ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- rolled oats 2 scoops (using Vitimum scoop)
- 1 scoop of Vitimum
- Milk or water 2 ½ cups
- granola or museli (optional)
- Heat butter/coconut oil in a medium-sized pot on medium heat. Add apples, raisins/sultanas and cinnamon and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes until apples and raisins are just starting to soften. Add honey/maple syrup and toss with apples and raisins to coat.
- Add rolled oats, water and and bring to a gentle boil, for about 2 mins. Add 1 scoop of Vitimum Original, and mix in well. Add more water/ milk if mixture gets too thick.
To serve, pour into bowl, top with crunchy granola and blueberries.
Date & Coconut Protein Balls
These Date and Coconut balls will add a little tropical delight to your day. Best kept in the freezer, and can be enjoyed anytime of day. Fun fact - Dates are a great pre-labour snack, as they help dilate the cervix, so perfect for any expecting mummy!
OAT PROTEIN BALLS
Perfect afternoon pick me up for a sensitive tummy, or a busy mummy! Fun fact, for breastfeeding Mummas - Oats are a galactagoue, so can help increase milk supply.
1 cup of Oats
5 Ingredients.2 handfuls of cashew nuts (100 grams)
Shredded coconut, for dipping.
Makes: approx 20 balls.
Method.Mix all items together in your food processor/blender. Roll into small balls, and dip into shredded coconut.
Nutella & Almond
Perfect little feel good guilt free version of a truffle. Enjoy with tea, coffee, or to settle a sweet craving!
6 Ingredients.1 Scoop of Vitimum Original